My grandmother taught me how to eat Easter eggs. You have to be two. Each person holds one hard-boiled egg gently but tightly in their fist, with only the tip of the egg exposed. Then the eggs are crashed one against the other. The egg that doesn’t break is the winner and can continue the egg-crashing contest with other contenders.
The consolation for losing at this game is that you can eat your egg immediately.
To eat a hard-boiled Easter egg:
1) peel the egg
2) slice it in half crosswise
3) remove the yolk from each half carefully, without it crumbling
4) pour a little olive oil and a few drops of red wine vinegar in the cavity left by the yolk
5) place the yolk back on top and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6) eat the whole seasoned half egg in one bite